This is going to be quite a random post, but someone needs to break this silence!
How shall we catch up today? How about a list? Everyone likes lists!
1. I survived my 5th Avon Walk! My Aunt Nancy really killed it this year. We stuck together for the full 40 miles, and we had a BLAST. Katy Perry and peppy music helped us stay positive when things got painful. I am so proud of her. And proud of myself too! Between the two of us, Nancy and I have raised nearly $20,000 for breast cancer services in the past 5 years. We’re already excited to walk again next year, and I hope we can continue to grow that number over time.
2. I just ate dinner leftovers for lunch: apple chicken sausage with sauteed apples, onions and kale. Avocado on top. Because I pretty much put avocado on everything.
3. Stephen and I started listening to the new Malcolm Gladwell book on tape during our drive to Houston. It’s really interesting so far! Not surprising… I’ve liked everything he has written.
4. We’ve had two hail storms in the past 6 days. They are INSANE. In the span of 30 minutes, we go from a sunny 75 degree day to 40 degree lightning, thunder and hail. Silly, Texas.
5. Last week I reffed 5 lacrosse games in 4 days. It was too much. I can’t tell you how relieved I was come Tuesday night. My next game isn’t until next week, so you better believe I’m soaking up these free days!
6. We’re hosting a small Easter brunch at our house on Sunday. There may even be back yard games if I get my way. I’ve been craving an elementary school-style field day lately, and nothing would make me happier than an egg toss.
That’s all I can think of for now! Someone get on here and share some news!