I love to shop, but a few questions always pop up. Is this too similar to something I already have? Will I actually wear this? What about cost per wear?
I also have the problem of a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear. I also like to make sure I’m not wearing the same pieces at events with the same people, and that my clothes will work with the weather.
I found an app this week that answers those questions, and I have to say I’m smitten.
Stylitics is an app that lets you build a virtual closet by uploading pictures of your clothing.
Here are some of my favorite things about the app
- Categorization- You can sort by color, item type, fabric. This has alerted me to the fact that I have 4 pink sweaters, so I probably don’t ever need to buy one again. You know what else it told me- I don’t have any solid little black dresses- time for a shopping trip!
- Calendar- you an record what you wore everyday, with built in forecasts for the coming days, so you can plan ahead!
- Keeping track of who saw you in what- We’re all in that time of our lives when friends are getting married left and right. I have a good number of nice dresses, but don’t want to show up in the same one or two to see the same group of people. The app lets you keep track of who saw you in what, so you can maximize a minimal wardrobe.
- Frequency of wear and cost per wear- I have Tory Burch Reva flats. I know they’re cliche and ubiquitous, but I wear them several times a week. If you compare the cost per wear of my Reva’s it’s actually much less than some pairs of shoes I’ve gotten at Target. If you input the price paid for an item, Stylitics will automatically keep track of your cost per wear.
- Feedback- People can “like” your items, letting you know what other users think of your clothes. I wore a dres today simpy because I noticed a lot of people had liked it, so I figured it was a winner.
Without futher ado, here is my closet!
What do you think of my style? What apps do you suggest?